||If you have questions about the Local Service Plan, please contact Janice Essenberg, CFO, at 503-614-1253 or email@example.com
ABOUT THE LOCAL SERVICE PLAN
Each Education Service District's component school districts must pass the Local Service Plan following these guidelines: It must be passed by 2/3 of the districts representing more than 50 percent of the student population.
The Local Service Plan must contain, and every ESD must provide, the following services:
- Programs for children with special needs, including but not limited to special education services, services for at-risk students and professional development for employees who provide those services.
- Technology support for component school districts and the individual technology plans of those districts, including but not limited to technology infrastructure services, data services, instructional technology services, distance learning and professional development for employees who provide those services.
- School improvement services for component school districts, including but not limited to services designed to support component school districts in meeting the requirements of state and federal law, services designed to allow the education service district to participate in and facilitate a review of the state and federal standards related to the provision of a quality education by component school districts, services designed to support and facilitate continuous school improvement planning, services designed to address school wide behavior and climate issues and professional technical education and professional development for employees who provide those services.
- Administrative and support services for component school districts, including but not limited to services designed to consolidate component school district business functions, liaison services between the Department of Education and component school districts and registration of children being taught by private teachers, parents or legal guardians pursuant to ORS 339.035.
- Other services that an education service district is required to provide by state or federal law, including but not limited to services required under ORS 339.005 to 339.090.